See Our team
Wondering how we keep quality?
Got unsolved questions? Ask Questions
VIT University formerly Vellore Engineering College is an Indian institute of higher education and a Deemed University located in Vellore, India. It was founded in 1984 by Mr. G. Viswanathan and offers 20 undergraduate, 34 postgraduate, 4 integrated and 4 research programs. It has campuses at Vellore and Chennai,Tamil Nadu.
The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe.Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us. The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride.Our Memoranda of Understanding with various international universities are our major strength. They provide for an exchange of students and faculty and encourage joint research projects for the mutual benefit of these universities. Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in foreign universities, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud. With steady steps, we continue our march forward. We look forward to meeting you here at VIT.
We at VIT University will impart futuristic technical education and instil high patterns of discipline through our dedicated staff, who shall set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong, who in turn shall improve the quality of life of the human race.
Our mission is to educate students from all over India, including those from the local and rural areas, and from other countries, so they become enlightened individuals, improving the living standards of their families, industry and society. We will provide individual attention, world-class quality education and take care of character building.
Quality Assurance:An Institute Par Excellence
VIT University, established under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, was founded in 1984 as a self-financing institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The Union Ministry of Human Resources Development conferred University status on Vellore Engineering College in 2001. The University is headed by its founder and Chancellor, Dr. G. Viswanathan, a former Parliamentarian and Minister in the Tamil Nadu Government. In recognition of his service to India in offering world class education, he was conferred an honorary doctorate by the West Virginia University, USA. Sankar Viswanathan, Sekar Viswanathan and G.V. Selvam are the Vice-Presidents; Dr. V. Raju is the Vice-Chancellor and Dr. Anand A. Samuel and Dr. S. Narayanan are the Pro-Vice-Chancellors.
At VIT, semester pattern is followed. An academic year consists of two semesters. The Fall (Odd) Semester begins in June and the Winter (Even) Semester in December. The academic schedule mentioned in the academic calendar will be strictly followed.
Qualified faculty members assigned with various theory subjects prepare course plans using the standard format provided by the institute with emphasis on 'learning' of the students. The instructional or lecture delivery of the faculty will be through a set of Educational Technology / Tools opted by the faculty. The lectures lay emphasis on the following:
- Knowledge content (topics in the curriculum)
- Utility value - application in real life
- Latest developments
The classroom sessions will be interactive and will encourage the students to think independently and inspire their creativity. The faculty will ensure that the students in the class have assimilated the content projected. High level of discipline will be maintained in the classroom. The faculty members are empowered to curb any disturbance and ensure that the time is used fruitfully. To this effect, students are expected to maintain decorum and refrain from causing any disturbance in the classroom.
VIT University has been a consistent topper for several years in the list of campus placement records among private institutions in India. It is proud that its graduates are highly rated by employers from industry and commerce in the private and public sectors. Offering information, advice, guidance and support for job-seeking students is considered a primary responsibility at the University.
The Placement and Training Centre is provided with a well-equipped conference training room and separate, well-furnished rooms for interviews and counselling.
- To organize campus interviews for final year students with industries and business houses of repute from all over India.
- To prepare students to face campus interviews by arranging training in Aptitude tests, group discussions, preparing for Technical and HR interviews through professional trainers and VIT alumni.
- To promote career counseling by organising guidance lectures by senior corporate personnel and most importantly by the immediately placed senior students.
- Quick Facts
- Over 1,93,000 appeared for the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) in 2014
- The institution offers 19 Undergraduate, 34 Post graduate, 2 Integrated and 4 Research Programmes.
- NAAC has re-accredited VIT University with an 'A' grade.
- A 360-acre eco-friendly campus with over 50.83 lakh sq.ft. built-up space at Vellore.
- A 170 acre eco-friendly second campus at Chennai.
- Over 24,000 students, with nearly 1/3rd of them women
- Students from 50 countries as well as from every state in India
- Over 1400 faculty and 1413 staff.
- VIT has been accredited by TCS, Wipro and Cognizant for academic collaboration and placements.
- Entered the Limca Book of Records for Campus Recruitment.
For More Information Visit : www.vit.ac.in