See Our team
Wondering how we keep quality?
Got unsolved questions? Ask Questions
Networks Laboratory Manual -10CSL77
Subject Code: 10CSL77 I.A. Marks : 25
Hours/Week : 03 Exam Hours: 03
Total Hours : 42 Exam Marks: 50
Note: Student is required to solve one problem from PART-A and one problem from
PART-B. The questions are allotted based on lots. Both questions carry equal marks.
PART A ( Simulation Using NS2)
1. Simulate a three nodes point – to – point network with duplex links between them. Set the queue
size and vary the bandwidth and find the number of packets dropped.
2. Simulate a four node point-to-point network with the links connected as follows: n0 – n2, n1 – n2
and n2 – n3. Apply TCP agent between n0-n3 and UDP between n1-n3. Apply relevant applications
over TCP and UDP agents changing the parameter and determine the number of packets sent by
3. Simulate the transmission of ping messages over a network topology consisting of 6 nodes and
find the number of packets dropped due to congestion.
4. Simulate an Ethernet LAN using n nodes (6-10), change error rate and data rate and compare
5. Simulate an Ethernet LAN using n nodes and set multiple traffic nodes and plot congestion
window for different source / destination.
6. Simulate simple BSS and with transmitting nodes in wire-less LAN by simulation and determine
the performance with respect to transmission of packets.
PART B ( C/C++ Programs)
7. Write a program for error detecting code using CRC-CCITT (16- bits).
8. Write a program for distance vector algorithm to find suitable path for transmission.
9. Using TCP/IP sockets, write a client – server program to make the client send the file name and
to make the server send back the contents of the requested file if present.
10. Implement the above program using as message queues or FIFOs as IPC channels.
11. Write a program for simple RSA algorithm to encrypt and decrypt the data.
12. Write a program for congestion control using leaky bucket algorithm