See Our team
Wondering how we keep quality?
Got unsolved questions? Ask Questions
Engineering GATE CBSE NCERT Psychology English Computer Constitution Astrology Yoga Economics Physics Biology Electronics Microprocessor Career Interview Anatomy Botany
Model Question Paper PROGRAMMING IN C AND DATA STRUCTURES (14PCD13/14PCD23)
Time: 3 hrs. Max. Marks: 100
Note: Answer any FIVE full questions, choosing one full question from each module.
1) a. What is pseudo code? How it is used as a problem-solving tool. (6 Marks)
b. What is an operator? Explain the arithmetic, relational, logical, and
assignment operators in C language.
c. Write a program in C to print the numbers from 4 to 9 and their squares. (4 Marks)
2) a. Write and explain the basic concepts of a C program. (8 Marks)
b. Write the guidelines to use printf() function in C language. (8 Marks)
c. Write a program in C to find the area and perimeter of a circle. (4 Marks)
4) a. Explain the different types of loops in C with syntax and example. (8 Marks) b. Explain the use of break and continue statement in loops with example. (6 Marks)
c. Design and develop a C program to reverse of an integer number NUM
and check whether it is PALINDROME or NOT.
a.Explain two way selection
b. Explain the switch statement with syntax and example. (8 Marks)
c. Design and develop a C program to read a year as an input and find
whether it is leap year or not. Also consider end of the centuries.
5) a. What is an array? Explain the declaration and initialization of one and
two dimensional arrays with example.
b. Explain void and parameter less functions in C with examples. (6 Marks)
c. Write a C program that:
i. Implements string copy operation STRCOPY(str1,str2) that
copies a string str1 to another string str2 without using library
ii. Reads a sentence and prints frequency of each of the vowels and
total count of consonants.
6) a. Explain any five string manipulation library functions with examples. (10 Marks)
b. What is function parameter? Explain different types of parameters in C
c. Write a C function isprime(num) that accepts an integer argument and
returns 1 if the argument is prime, a 0 otherwise. Write a C program that
invokes this function to generate prime numbers between the given
7) a. What is a structure? Explain the syntax of structure declaration with
b. What is a file? Explain how the file open and file close functions (6 Marks) handled in C.
c. Write a C program to maintain a record of “n” student details using an
array of structures with four fields (Roll number, Name, Marks, and
Grade). Each field is of an appropriate data type. Print the marks of the
student given student name as input.
8) a. Explain array of structures and structure within a structure with
b. Explain how the structure variable passed as a parameter to a function
c. Write a C program to read and display a text from the file. (6 Marks)
9) a. What is a pointer? Explain how the pointer variable declared and
b. What is dynamic memory allocation? Write and explain the different
dynamic memory allocation functions in C.
c. What are primitive and non-primitive data types? (4 Marks)
d. Write a C program to swap two numbers using call by pointers method. (6 Marks)
10) a. Explain the array of pointers with example. (4 Marks)
b. Write and explain any two preprocessor directives in C. (4 Marks)
c. What is a stack? Explain it with its applications. (4 Marks)
d. Write a C program to read n unsorted numbers to an array of size n and
pass the address of this array to a function to sort the numbers in
ascending order using bubble sort technique.